Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Little Things in Life


Okay, so lately I've been under a lot of stress. It's not just the work load of school, but it's my life in general. There are so many turning points, and it's hard to choose which direction to follow. I have grown a lot as a person this last past year, and I'm amazed at how a year can cause such a drastic change.

So before going more in depth hear, you need to know a fact about myself. I do not handle stress well. I am not someone you want to be around when times get sticky, I tend to go off into denial land. Now when I do handle it, all I do is degrade myself and compare myself to others...yes it's pathetic but that's just how I am.

This year though, life has presented many growing points for me and I see life in a different perspective. I've been working on being more spiritual and looking for the spiritual meaning in life situations.

For example, my neighbor who we aren't really that close with, has been having health problems. Not even knowing him and his life story, I could see a change in him. He seems to value life more. I questioned why this man would deserve such a traumatic experience to happen to him. I like to believe that our life is designed to test us in many ways and opens are eyes to the real meaning behind what is seen by the beholder.

Now, I don't want to sound like a preacher here, so I'm going to turn this around and just say that I am very grateful for what life has given me, and I'm that I appreciate even the simplest things in life that allows me to see through a different light.
~Oh and the picture above is one painted by Thomas Kinkade. He is my favorite artist and I find his paintings peaceful and meaningful.

No comments: